In the Interim: please keep a log of your hours on your own (via excel or notepad). Once Workday is available, please move all hours to the Workday timesheet.
Obtaining Access to Online Timesheets
- Access to the UW Timesheet will be set up automatically by the Payroll Manager after the hourly appointment has been entered into Workday.
- If the employee has an EE hourly appointment entered into the payroll system but does not have access to their timesheet, please email the Payroll Manager.
Due Dates and General Rules
- A reminder email is sent the last day of the pay period (the 15th and the 30th or 31st) to any employee with an open timesheet. In order to ensure payment on the current payday, timesheets must be submitted and approved by the timesheet deadlines. If timesheet approvals are received after the due date, hours will be entered as time permits. If no time permits, hours will be added on to the next paycheck.
- A timesheet must be submitted for each pay period even if there were 0 hours worked.
- An employee can submit a timesheet at any point during the pay period as long as there are no future hours on it.
- An employee can submit their hours at any time during the current day. For example: Today is 3/18, and the employee signs in at 8:00 am. This employe will be working in the field and won't be near a computer when he gets off work; he may enter 8a-6pm and submit his timesheet at 8:00 am.
For additional information, please refer to the UW Policy on Student Employment. For information pertaining to breaks and meal period requirements, please refer to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.