2015 Jelinek Summer Workshop
on Speech and Language Technology
The 20th annual Jelinek Workshop on Speech and Language Technology will be held at the University of Washington Department of Electrical Engineering. A continuation of the Johns Hopkins University CLSP summer workshop series from 1995-2014, notable researchers and students come together to collaborate on selected research topics for six weeks, following a special two week undergraduate education session. The Workshop is named after the late Fred Jelinek, its former director and head of the Center for Speech and Language Processing.
We are grateful for support from our industry sponsors -- Microsoft, Google, Amazon and Mitsubishi -- and from our government sponsors, the National Science Foundation and DARPA.
2015 Summer Workshop
Machine Learning for Language Engineering
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
June 22 to August 14, 2015
- June 22 - July 2: Speech & NLP Summer School
- Week 1: July 6 -- Meetings | Plenary (Nima Mesgarani)
- Week 2: July 13 -- Meetings | Plenary (Ruslan Salakhutdinov)
- Week 3: July 20 -- Meetings | Plenary (Xuedong Huang)
- Week 4: July 27 -- Meetings | Plenary (Jeffrey Heer)
- Week 5: Aug. 3 -- Meetings | Plenary (Claire Cardie)
- Week 6: Aug. 10 -- Meetings
- Far-Field Speech Enhancement and Recognition in Mismatched Settings
- Continuous Wide-Band Machine Translation
- Probabilistic Transcription of Languages with No Native-Language Transcribers
- Structured Computational Network Architectures for Robust ASR
|Les Atlas||EE, University of Washington|
|Sanjeev Khudanpur||ECE, Johns Hopkins University|
|Mari Ostendorf||EE, University of Washington|
|Geoffrey Zweig||Microsoft Research|
If you are a participant in the 2015 Jelinek Summer Workshop, please access more details here.