Join Electrical Engineering for Discovery Days!
A glowing pickle and robots are just a few attractions at this year’s Engineering Discovery Days, coming up April 24-25. Join us for hands-on learning and fun as students and faculty from Electrical Engineering, together with other UW Engineering Departments, demonstrate their work to the community.
Engineering Discovery Days is free and open to the public. Registration is still open for Saturday, April 25, 2015, 9am-2pm (exhibits start at 10am). Registration is encouraged for all who plan to participate and is required for groups of 10 or more and those arriving in buses. Register here.
The following are a few of this year’s Electrical Engineering exhibits. View the full schedule here.
- Brushless DC Motor Controller: See an Arduino based controller run a DC motor by interfacing with a custom GUI controlled with a Microsoft Kinect.
- Embedded Fun: Learn about embedded computer systems, hack a Furby and watch a phone get dunked on Twitter.
- High Voltage Electrical Apparatus: Electrostatic and high frequency high voltage generators will be demonstrated, including a Jacob's ladder, Thompson coil, Van de Graaf and Tesla coil.
- UW’s Google Glass Football Project: Learn how the Electrical Engineering Department is working with the UW Football Team to improve training using Google Glass.
- Wireless Power and Personal Robotics: Explore electricity over thin air, energy harvesting sensors and the next generation of personal robots.