2015 Jelinek Summer Workshop:
Participant Information -- Accommodations
JSALT Main Page > Speech & NLP Summer School | Research Groups
Participant Information > Accommodations | Dining & Groceries | Transportation & Tourist Attractions
Attendees whose expenses are paid in part or in full by JHU or Charles University will stay in one of the following accommodations. Upon arrival, please get settled at your appropriate accommodation.
All Senior Members need to send Lindsay Appesland (firstname.lastname@example.org) their hotel choice (or let her know if you are making your own arrangements) and arrival and departure dates (Check-in & Check-out dates) no later than May 8, 2015.
Transportation: You would need to walk .5 miles to catch the free UW Shuttle Bus, then walk from the Health Sciences Building to the EE Building- .5 miles. (See HERE)
Guest rooms include:
- Complimentary breakfast buffet
- Satellite TV with HBO
- Free high speed internet access
- In room coffee maker & hairdryer
- In room iron and ironing board
- Suites also include: Fully furnished kitchen. Complete with full oven and ranges, full refrigerator and microwave.
- Most suites have a fireplace and private balcony.
Transportation: Complimentary van shuttles to campus
- Complimentary daily Silver Cloud Breakfast
- Hosted Tuesday evening guest reception
- Indoor pool and spa
- Free parking
- Complimentary high speed wireless Internet access covering the entire hotel
- New expanded fitness center
- New expanded business center
- Dry cleaning services
- Complimentary guest laundry facilities
Guest room accommodations:
- Complimentary wired and wireless high speed Internet access
- 42″ high definition flat screen TV
- Coffee/tea maker featuring Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
Check in after 3 pm
- Check out by 12 pm
Students (both Graduate & Undergrad)
Students (both Graduate & Undergrad) will stay in the Lander Hall dorm. Accommodations are in double rooms, but students will not have a roommate.
Transportation to your dorm, is your responsibility. Detailed information for getting to the U-District and the University of Washington from Sea-Tac airport is on the EE Contact Us page.
Lander Hall, Room 848
1201 NE Campus Parkway
Seattle, WA 98105
Check in after 2 pm
Check out by 11 am
Guest Information Sheet
Please refer to this sheet for additional information concerning your stay: Guest Information
What to Bring
Guests are advised to bring:
- Alarm clock
- Lounge wear (appropriate for common living areas)
- Shower slippers
- Umbrella and/or raincoat
Seattle weather is generally mild, with temperatures averaging 70–80°F. Heat waves do occur periodically, and campus buildings, including the residence halls, are not air-conditioned. Be prepared for cooler evenings and occasional rain showers. For those who prefer to bring their own linen and towels, choosing a color other than white or beige helps housekeeping to identify personal items. The UW is a pedestrian campus; bring comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk.