Any questions related to EE computing issues can be submitted using our EE helpdesk form. Your question will get routed to the appropriate person or group. During the week we will respond within 24 hours - usually much sooner.
EE Departmental Computing Staff
If you need assistance with your EE computer account or password, have trouble with the computer network, can't access your e-mail, or have questions regarding the EE Web site, come talk to one of the departmental computing staff.
Research Computing Support Staff
Research Computing Support is responsible for meeting the computing needs of specific research groups within our department.
- Why you need an EE account
- Student Laptop Requirement
- EE Lab Software catalog
- How to obtain an EE Account (required for the EE website, for Linux Lab access, or on various EE research systems)
- Software Available to EE Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Manage your EE account
- Manage mailing lists and EE mail address forwarding
- Other Frequently Asked Questions
Note that EE Windows Lab systems use UW NETID for authentication. EE Linux Lab systems require an EE account.
- Computing Lab Locations
- EE Remote Computing Lab (Windows Remote Desktop)
- Remote access to the Linux Lab is possible via SSH, X-Ming, or VNC.
- UW U Drive - this is accessible via Windows systems, or on Linux via SFTP. Offsite systems must also use a SFTP client.
- UW Google Mail (Gmail) Requires UW NetID authentication
- UW Google Calendar Requires UW NetID authentication