Visiting Graduate StudentVisiting Graduate Student status is for students who wish to attend UW up to 4 quarters and:
- are in the process of completing a degree at an institution other than the University of Washington
- have the approval of the home institution/department to take courses at the University of Washington Electrical Engineering Department to be transferred for credit to the home institution
Additional Information for International Applicants
- International students must register for fulltime study (10 credits) each quarter of attendance as a Visiting Graduate Student
|Domestic Applicants||International Applicants|
|Autumn: July 1||Autumn: May 1|
|Winter: November 1||Winter: October 1|
|Spring: February 1||Spring: January 1|
|Summer: May 1||Summer: February 1|
To apply, submit the following materials:
- Electronic Application - online application only
- Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts - online application only
- Scan and upload an electronic copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended via the online application system. Do not mail transcripts; official transcripts will not be accepted.
- Letter of Faculty
- Online Recommendation Letter from a faculty member in Electrical Engineering who is willing to serve as faculty advisor in electrical engineering during your visit.
- Statement of Purpose - online application
- A one-page summary of academic background
- The courses or types of courses desired
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae - online application only
- TOEFL test score from within the last 2 years - international applicants only
- Completed Statement of Financial Ability Form (once the electronic application is submitted and the fee paid, the applicant must log back into the application to access the form) - international applicants only
Questions? - Please email all questions to email@example.com.