Master's and PhD Application and Information
Welcome to the University of Washington Electrical Engineering Department! We invite you to bookmark this page and take time to explore. We hope that the information will be helpful, and that you will find intriguing and exciting course and research options to consider.
- Ranked 18th amongst all national Electrical Engineering programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015
- Ranked 16th amongst all national public universities by U.S. News and World Report in 2015
- Premier Electrical Engineering program in the Pacific Northwest
- Largest department in the University of Washington College of Engineering
- Approximately 250 students in the program, three-quarters PhD students and one-quarter MSEE students
- Annual acceptance rate between 15-20%
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED via the electronic application by the following deadline for admission Autumn Quarter 2018:
DECEMBER 15, 2017
For International and Domestic Applicants
- Applications accepted for Autumn Quarter only.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants are responsible for tracking application materials to assure all items arrive by the deadline.
- Applicants can track the status of the application by logging into their UW electronic application.
- Applicants will be notified of admission decisions by early April.
For applicants without an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
Tuition, Assistantships, Fellowships
Research Applicants are encouraged to search out the faculty and research web pages to explore research opportunities. Keep in mind that new projects are beginning all the time and the web pages may not be complete. Feel free to contact faculty via e-mail to find out the latest news on research projects.