- Taylor and Chang Hua's two papers on 2D material-cavities (second harmonic generation and nano-LED) have been published in journal 2D materials and nano letters. See the press release here: UW-EE,EurekAlert, Phys_Org, Nanowerk, ecnmag, azonano.
- Shane and Jiajiu passed quals. Congratulations!!.
- Our paper on fundamental scaling law in nanophotonics has been published in Scientific reports.
- We received an Amazon Catalyst grant to work on metasurface freeform optics for vision-corrective eyewears.
- We received an NSF-EFRI grant to work on quantum communication. Here are the news: NSF, UW-EE and Geek Wire.
- Alan got a CEI graduate fellowship. Congratulations!!!
- Arka gave an invited talk at Integrated Photonics Research on 2D material photonics.
- Congratulations to Shane for receiving Rushmer Endowed Fellowship from UW-EE!!
- Congratulations to Shane for successfully defending his MS thesis!!
- Michael Kopreski from College of William & Mary is joining our team as a REU student.
- Congratulations to Taylor for passing quals!!
- Shane and Alan reached "Sweet Sixteen" level at UW-Business plan competition for their metasurface based eye-pressure sensor. See the news here.
- Rahul got Stanford Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations!!
- Rahul's paper Cavity enhanced second-order nonlinear quantum photonic logic circuits got accepted in Phys. Rev. Applied. Congratulations!!
- Alan and Shane will be presenting in the CLEO, 2016. Congratulations!!
- Physics undergraduate student Jacob Waelder will be working with us for the spring quarter.
- Arka gave an Invited talk at Photonics West, 2016 on 2D material photonics.
- "Low Contrast Dielectric Metasurface Optics" got published in ACS photonics.
- Arka gave an Invited talk at PQE, 2016 on 2D material photonics.
- Undergraduate student Bradley Marquez will be working with us for the winter quarter.
- Arka gave an OSA webinar. You can see it here .
- Four undergraduate students will be working with us. Welcome Shana Odem, Jun Park, William Liaw Li and Sarang Joshi.
- Two graduate students: Shane Colburn and Jiajiu Zheng joined the group.
- Postdoc Chang-Hua Liu joined the group.
- Arka received the Intel Early Career Faculty Award
- Hybrid 2D Material Nanophotonics: A Scalable Platform for Low-Power Nonlinear and Quantum Optics got published in ACS photonics.
- Chris got a job in Apple, and will leave in a month!! Congratulations Chris!!.
- Brian-Bemis Stevenson (REU) and Marie Scott joined the group as undergraduate researchers.
- Cavity Enhanced Nonlinear Optics for Few Photon Optical Bistability got pubished in optics express.
- Tunable dark modes in one-dimensional diatomic dielectric gratings got pubished in optics express.
- Undergraduate students Jun-Min Lee, Yuanchao Xu, Anh Tuan Ngo and Morgan Bayer will work with us for the Spring quarter.
- Undergraduate student Derek Tokutake Hsu will work with us for the winter quarter.
- Graduate student Alan Zhan joined our group.
- Arka is awarded the 2015 AFOSR-Young Investigator Award (Porgram Manager: Gernot S. Pomrenke). Thanks Gernot!! Here is the article on this from UW. The actual news release is here.
- "Simulations of Silicon-on-insulator Channel-waveguide Electro-optical 2 x 2 Switches and 1 x 1 Modulators Using a Ge2Sb2Te5 Self-holding Layer" published in IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology.
- "Electro-optical switching at 1550 nm using a two-state GeSe phase-change layer" is published in Optics Express.
- "Electro-optical 1 x 2, 1 x N and N x N fiber-optic and free-space switching over 1.55 to 3.0 micron using a Ge-Ge2Sb2Te5-Ge prism structure" is published in Optics Express.
- Arka gave an invited talk in Frontiers in Optics in Tucson, AZ.
- Arka gave UW-EE research colloquium for Fall, 2014.
- Chris officially joined Integrated Quantum Optoelectronics Lab.
- Arka received NSF-EFRI grant as a co-PI for 2D material research.
- Taylor officially joined Integrated Quantum Optoelectronics Lab.
- "Nonclassical higher-order photon correlations with a quantum dot strongly coupled to a photonic-crystal nanocavity" is published in Phys. Rev. A.
- Arka officially joined University of Washington, Seattle.